What are the differentials in my car?
The differentials has three jobs:
- To aim the engine power at the wheels
- To act as the final gear reduction in the vehicle, slowing the rotational speed of the transmission one final time before it hits the wheels
- To transmit the power to the wheels while allowing them to rotate at different speeds
Lubricant breakdown can severely damage critical gear components!
Heavy deposits reduce equipment life.
Our Drive Line Service keeps bearings and gears free of varnish and deposits. A Specially Trained Technicians will:
- Install gear oil or additive package that is required for the vehicle application
- Road test your vehicle
Benefits of Differential Service:
- Thermal stability and long life of lubricants
- Optimum driveline efficiency
- Improved seal performance
- Protection against wear, pitting & corrosion
- Extended component life
Recommended service interval: Annually or every 30,000 miles