Most of the energy in the gasoline is converted into heat, and it is the job of the cooling system to take care of that heat. The primary job of the cooling system is to keep the engine from overheating, by transferring this heat to the air, but the cooling system also has several other important jobs.
The engine in your car runs best at a fairly high temperature. When the engine is cold, components wear out faster, and the engine is less efficient and emits more pollution. So another important job of the cooling system is to allow the engine to heat up as quickly as possible, and then to keep the engine at a constant temperature. Here are the following inspections that Dick Adams Provides:
Heating and Air Conditioning Systems
- Interior controls and blower
- Radiator coolant level, hoses, pressure cap and thermostat
- The A/C compressor belt for condition and tension
- Leaks or other damage
- Component condition leaks or damage
Heating and Air Conditioning Tests
- Pressure test engine cooling system
- A/C system pressures are measured and compared to manufacturer’s specifications
- A/C System is leak tested
- Both the heater and A/C are performance tested by checking the outlet air temperature at the discharge vents
Exchange cooling system fluid
On the aluminum head severe corrosion can occur when additives that protect the cooling system have been depleted. Damage such as this leads to very costly repairs. One of our specially trained technicians, operating a state-of-the-art machine will:
- Flush your vehicle’s entire cooling system
- Remove rust, scale and sludge.
- Restore coolant and necessary additives
- Install special conditioners to protect your car’s cooling system
Our Cooling System Service will:
- Balance coolant pH.
- Prevent foaming.
- Prevent overheating
- Control rust and corrosion
- Extend coolant life.
Recommended Service Interval: 2 years or 30,000 miles
DID YOU KNOW?
Cooling system failure is the most common mechanical failure. The results can range from inconvenient to extremely expensive. You can head off mostcooling system problems with regular coolant replacement and cooling system inspections. If you see green, amber or yellow fluid under your vehicle, bring it in for an inspection. At Dick Adams Automotive in Salinas we install quality NAPA replacement parts. Give us a call at 831.758.8277 and let us help keep you safely and economically on the road.